Our Curriculum - Physical Education
Sports Premium Information
Current Year | Archive 2014- 2015 | Previous Year
The Sports Premium Grant is a lump sum payment to all maintained and state-funded schools in England. Schools with more than 17 pupils will receive £8000 plus £5 per pupil.
This money can only be spent on school sport and PE and each school is free to determine how best to use it to improve and develop the quality and breadth of its PE and sport provision.
How we are spending the PE and Sports Premium
Since the Sports Premium was first received in 2013, Oakwood Primary School (and our predecessor Infant and Junior schools) have received a total of: £27,575. The breakdown of this year's spending is in the chart below.
As the impact of the spending is cumulative, and some of the interventions take longer to have impact (eg. teacher CPD), we won't produce an annual report, but continue to update the impact statements on this page.
What is the impact of our spending?
- Updated quantity and quality of resources, including gym equipment and age specific, governing body recommened equipment for various sports;
- First-class teacher training in games, sports and dance, including specific skills, differentiation, assessment and provision for able children.
- Huge increase in the number of children representing the school in competition, including reaching the finals or winning tournaments in six different sports;
- New, smart kits for all our teams giving them a sense of pride and teamwork;
- Introduction of swimming for Year 2 in addtion to Year 5;
- Huge increase in numbers of children attending after school sports clubs, including a record number of girls;
- Building on the Olympic legacy with the extension of our highly successful Key Stage 2 Club of the Month programme into a new Sport 4 All programme and our Road 2 Rio award system;
- Establishment of a parallel Key Stage 1 Personal Best programme;
- 240 pupils taking part in the annual TRY-athlon, showcasing eleven different sports and giving children the chance to try something new.